Undergraduate academic advising has transitioned to remote support.
UB is offering a full range of advising services during the COVID-19 situation. Students can schedule an appointment online through the Student Success Portal, and call or email their advisor/advising center directly for assistance. We look forward to working with you virtually!
Academic advising at UB is a vital collaborative relationship important for student success. While offering a personal connection to the university, academic advisors assist students to:
- Make a successful transition to the university.
- Utilize campus resources and support services.
- Develop an appropriate academic plan for timely graduation based upon their demonstrated academic abilities, personal interests and expressed goals.
- Engage in exploration of career goals related to their personal interests and area of study.
- Continuously assess academic progress towards meeting stated goals, clarify potential avenues to reach those goals, and make appropriate adjustments as necessary.
- Engage in experiential learning, research, and creative activities designed to complement their overall undergraduate experience and career preparation.
All UB students are assigned a professional academic advisor based upon their major and/or affiliation with a special program. Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor early and often — at least once a semester until graduation.
Last updated: April 02, 2020 4:24 pm EST