Undergraduate academic advising has transitioned to remote support.
UB is offering a full range of advising services during the COVID-19 situation. Students can schedule an appointment online through Navigate, and call or email their advisor/advising center directly for assistance.
Academic advising at UB is a vital collaborative relationship important for student success. Academic advisors offer a personal connection to the university and assist students with:
- Making a successful transition to the university.
- Connecting to a full range of UB resources using Navigate.
- Utilizing important academic services, including Tutoring and Academic Support.
- Developing an appropriate academic plan for timely graduation based upon demonstrated academic abilities, personal interests and expressed goals.
- Engaging in exploration of career goals related to personal interests and area of study.
- Continuously assessing academic progress towards meeting stated goals, clarify potential avenues to reach those goals, and make appropriate adjustments as necessary.
- Engaging in experiential learning, research, and creative activities designed to complement students’ overall undergraduate experience and career preparation.
All UB students are assigned a professional academic advisor based upon their major and/or affiliation with a special program. Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor early and often—at least once a semester until graduation.
Last updated: November 13, 2020 10:56 am EST