Important! Directions to the advising offices in 112 Capen Hall have been impacted by One World Café construction.
To access 112 Capen Hall from Founders Plaza & Flint Loop: The entrance to the first floor of Capen Hall has been relocated. Enter through the door just before the construction fencing. Walk straight, then turn left to 112 Capen.
Alternatively, you can turn left at Founders Plaza & Flint Loop and walk toward Talbert Hall. Make a right, and proceed through the new Capen Hall entrance. Go inside and head straight to 112 Capen.
Academic advising at UB is a vital collaborative relationship important for student success. While offering a personal connection to the university, academic advisors assist students to:
- Make a successful transition to the university.
- Utilize campus resources and support services.
- Develop an appropriate academic plan for timely graduation based upon their demonstrated academic abilities, personal interests and expressed goals.
- Engage in exploration of career goals related to their personal interests and area of study.
- Continuously assess academic progress towards meeting stated goals, clarify potential avenues to reach those goals, and make appropriate adjustments as necessary.
- Engage in experiential learning, research, and creative activities designed to complement their overall undergraduate experience and career preparation.
All UB students are assigned a professional academic advisor based upon their major and/or affiliation with a special program. Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor early and often — at least once a semester until graduation.
Last updated: January 24, 2020 4:37 pm EST