Understanding Your Class Schedule
Below is a sample schedule with explanations to help you understand how to read your class schedule. If you have any further questions about your schedule contact your academic advisor for assistance.
- My Class Schedule tab on your Student Center page where you will also see your name.
- Display Options. There are two display options: List View or Weekly Calendar View. The list view is the default view. The Weekly Calendar View displays a schedule in a weekly format.
- Term (Semester and Year) for your schedule.
- Catalog Course Number and Title. The catalog course title starts with the Academic Department abbreviation followed by the Catalog Number and Course Extension (type of Component(s) associated with the course). Example: UGC 111LR, the extension LR indicates that this course has two components: a lecture and a recitation.
- Course Detail. You will see the Class Nbr (course registration number), Section, and Component. You will then see the Days and Times, Room (location), Instructor, and Start/End Date for the course.
- Mo - Monday
- Tu - Tuesday
- We - Wednesday
- Th - Thursday
- Fr - Friday
- Component. Some classes will only have one component (Lecture - ENG 101LEC). Other classes may have more than one component. Common Component combinations that you will see are:
- Lecture and Recitation (LR)
- Lecture, Laboratory and Recitation (LLR)
- Laboratory and Recitation (LBR)
- If a class has more than one component there will be a row for each component (Example: UGC 111LR)
- Deadlines icon. Click on the icon and it will take you to a page which provides Drop Calendar dates and a Cancel & Withdrawal Calendar for that course.
- Printer Friendly Page allows you to print a version of your schedule.
Last updated: September 26, 2016 10:22 am EST